Friday 21 September 2012

Writing Inventory

I don't ever write on my spare time, even though I do enjoy writing. I like writing scary or fantasy type stories, they seem to be easiest for me. Since I don't write, usually in my spare time I am watching movies and televison shows. I don't exactly have many favourite writers, because I don't read very much, but when I do, I like stories that have mystery or drama, or some sort of scariness to them. My ideas for stories come from movies and shows that I have watched, and just twisting and turning them into my own ideas. The writing that I've been proud of so far is the one I did for writing class, but I do feel I could have done better at the ending. Usually I only produce one draft copy, but edit it very much, and change things around. People have told me that I am good at being creative, so I guess that is my strength in writing. My weakness in writing would be my word choice, I'd like to start using better and stronger words, rather than the same ones over and over again. My favourite subject for writing would have to be a scary situation or weird, something that makes people want to keep reading and find out what happens. My goals are to write more because I actually really enjoy doing it and I think it could be a really good pastime for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment